Friday 13 January 2012


Grandad's Van.

My picture today is a follow up to last weeks.  This van was used by my Grandfather for his newsagents business.  The Registration plate shows PO which was used in West Sussex ( registered at Portsmouth Office) between 1903 and 1932 and the number is the number of registrations used.  I dont know the extact date of this registration but as there were only 1451 vehicles registered to the whole of West Sussex it was probably close to 1920.  How quiet and uncongested the roads must have been!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm from Friday photo flashback too - I love it. Cool picture and if my memory serves me correctly my Uncle use to be a vegetable bender & he would go around in the same type of truck yelling tomatoes, toe-mot-toes * water-me-low! lol Watermelon. Wow, I haven't thought about that in years. I love your picture. Hope you can stop & see my pic too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love these Friday history lessons and delving into your photo box. Thanks Pat. :)

    ReplyDelete