Friday 6 January 2012



 Friday Flashback.

It has been a long while since I joined in with Friday Flashback.  A lot has happened in my life but I am pleased to be back again now.

The photo I have today is one of my Grandfather's shop.  I had no date for this but one of the billboards on the wall refers to "King Removes Kaiser from Garter Roll".    A bit of research found that on 13th May 1915 King George V removed the German Emporer Wilhelm 11 from the Rolls of the Garter due to the events of WW1.  As this was hot news the picture must have been taken on 14th May 1915.  My Grandfather is standing in the gateway to the shop.  Although he closed the shop in the 1940's  to enable him to help with the war effort  ( WW11),  he rode the trade bike until he died in 1953.  The small child in the picture is my father's elder brother.  I have no idea who the other person is.



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! What an amazing piece of history you have here!!!! Wonderful share!!!

    I'm so glad you're back!! I didn't blog for a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photo Pat and thank you for blogging it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these photo is a beautiful. A memory to hold on to is in these photo. Thanks for sharing.
    Photo Flashback

    ReplyDelete